Caravanning, Camping, and Holidays – Delightful Food and Delicious Meals
youre traveling, camping or holidaying, part of the adventure is the fun or challenge of making meals away from home. It can be hard to know where to get food from, what to choose, and how much to spend. Dont let this get you down! Weve created this comprehensive guide to help you enjoy your holiday while not stressing about the next meal.
Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park is clean, bright amenities, beachfront location, great beach,boat fishing, boat launching facilities. Powered and UnPowered sites, pool, BBQs, minimart/kiosk, ice, bait, fish cleaning facilities, eftpos. Friendly, clean, green and shady. Great sunsets Mobile coverage. Best park in Outback near by the Sea.
The Park staff are there to help the guests with everything from parking the van to helping with information or make any tour bookings required. Nature abounds in the area and the bird watching is as popular as the fishing and crabbing.
The friendly atmosphere of the Park is well renowned, and many who visit, seem to return because they have such a great experience.
Take in the breath taking beauty of the Sunset from the grounds of the Sunset Caravan Park. Only two places in the world where you can see them like this!
Accommodation – Queensland, Karumba
- Ensuited Cabins, Villas, Campsites Powered/UNpowered sites.
- Next to the beach & boat ramp & shady sites
- Free BBQ area. Fish Cleaning Area.
- Swimming Pool with Entertainment area.
- Spit Roast Nights & Entertainment.
- Happy Hours, Disabled Shower/Toilet.
- 2 Spotless Shower/Toilet Blocks, Coin Operated Laundry.
- MiniMart / Cafe / Tackle / Souvenirs, Craft days, 3 Public Telephones.
- Fishing Charters / Flights and other Local Tour Bookings, Campers Kitchen
There are a few basic staples to keep with you. These versatile foods can be the base of any meal, and are cheap to buy, especially in bulk:
- Flour and sugar
- Salt/pepper plus grains, seeds or lentils
- Olive oil or similar
If you have a cooler or chilly bin, butter and milk are great additions to pantry items.
No matter where you are throughout Queensland, Karumba, there are endless opportunities to secure products right from the source such as a farm, farmers markets or supermarkets, where you can buy fresh bread, fruit, vegetables, berries, eggs and meat for a competitive price. Some produce or butchery stores may reduce their prices as the day goes on, so theres a great chance to grab food at a bargain price.
Sometimes we put too much pressure on the main meals, so dont forget snacks – especially if youre going on a long drive or hike. Great ideas include:
- Nuts – such as almonds, cashews, and peanuts
- Celery sticks – add peanut butter for an extra flavour hit!
- Dark chocolate
- Carrot sticks
- Cut fruit
Tasty meal ideas
Using your staples and grocery items you’ve picked up at the market or store, its easy to throw together a nutritious, filling meal. Simple to make, why not consider:
- Cooking beans and rice to serve with tortilla chips.
- Making an easy pizza base – put 225g of selfraising flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 57 tablespoons of water until it has the consistency of a soft dough. Roll it onto a floured surface and make it as thick or thin as you like. Cook until brown in a pan drizzled with oil, then add toppings and cook again until any cheese has melted or the base becomes golden at the edges.
- Adding vegetables, meat, and/or potatoes to pasta or rice.
- Cooking noodles with chicken, beef or vegetable stock. Throw in chopped vegetables and/or meat of your choice and you have a simple dish that makes great leftovers. For an added kick, garnish with soy sauce or sesame seeds.
Something to cook over the fire
If you have the opportunity to light a fire safely, and with permission or have the use of a camping stove with a flame, these great recipes/ideas are always a winner.
- The classic toasted marshmallow.
- Smores – toast a marshmallow over the fire and place it with chocolate between wine biscuits or graham biscuits.
- Damper – in a bowl, rub 2 teaspoons of butter into 2 cups of selfraising flour. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar then knead in 12 cups of milk to create a dough. Wrap dough around skewers or clean sticks, cook and eat.
- Stuffed Potato Wash and peel potatoes before slicing strips into the top. In these strips add salt, cheese, sour cream, spring onions or anything else you wish. Wrap in tin foil and place them among the coals at the base of the fire to cook for around 30 minutes.
These simple meal ideas will keep you well fed and energised and feel free to ask any of our friendly hosts for tips and local information about markets and the best food stores in the area.
Do you have any favourite camping meals or foods? Tell us about it in a comment below – wed love to hear about it.
BOOK NOW! for March, April, May and June. You may also do advanced booking for July, August, September, and August.
Postal Address: Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park, PO Box 61 Karumba Queensland 4891
Tel: 07 4745 9277
Fax 07 4745 9480
#LesWilsonBarramundiCentre #LesWilson #BarramundiCentre #BarramundiFishing #Carpentaria #Barramundi #Barra #Fish #BarraFish #BestFishing #Accommodation #Hotel #Cabins #Villas #Powered #Unpowered #Campsites #Tour #karumba #Barra #Barramundi #Fishing #BarraFishing #Sports #FishingSports #Summertime #Summerholidays #SchoolHolidays #School #Children
Tags: Les Wilson Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson, Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson Barramundi, Fishing, Karumba, Karumba Point, Sunset Caravan Park, Karumba Birds Life, Karumba Wild Life, Karumba QLD, Fishing, Fishingsports, Accommodation, Hotel, Cabins, Villas, Powered Sites, Unpowered Sites, Campsites, Sports, Tropical North Karumba, North Karumba Qld, Travel, Tour