High Blood Pressure
High hdhhtvaru0026ureferrereaneejs Blood Pressure
Come to Karumba. Stay in the Peace and quite of Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park and Just Relax!!
10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication
By making these 10 lifestyle changes, you can lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your high blood pressure. If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle, you might avoid, delay or reduce the need for online pharmacy medication.
Here are 10 lifestyle changes you can make to lower your blood pressure and keep it down.
1. Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline
Blood pressure often increases as weight increases. Being overweight also can cause disrupted breathing while you sleep sleep apnea, which further raises your blood pressure.
Weight loss is one of the most effective lifestyle changes for controlling blood pressure. Losing just 10 pounds 4.5 kilograms can help reduce your blood pressure.
Besides shedding pounds, you generally should also keep an eye on your waistline. Carrying too much weight around your waist can put you at greater risk of high blood pressure.
- Men are at risk if their waist measurement is greater than 40 inches 102 centimeters.
- Women are at risk if their waist measurement is greater than 35 inches 89 centimeters.
These numbers vary among ethnic groups. Ask your doctor about a healthy waist measurement for you.
3. Eat a healthy diet
It isnt easy to change your eating habits, but with these tips, you can adopt a healthy diet:
- Keep a food diary. Writing down what you eat, even for just a week, can shed surprising light on your true eating habits. Monitor what you eat, how much, when and why.
- Consider boosting potassium. Potassium can lessen the effects of sodium on blood pressure. The best source of potassium is food, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than supplements. Talk to your doctor about the potassium level thats best for you.
- Be a smart shopper. Read food labels when you shop and stick to your healthyeating plan when youre dining out, too.
If you cant eliminate all of your stressors, you can at least cope with them in a healthier way. Try to:
- Change your expectations. Give yourself time to get things done. Learn to say no and to live within manageable limits. Try to learn to accept things you cant change.
- Think about problems under your control and make a plan to solve them. You could talk to your boss about difficulties at work or to family members about problems at home.
- Know your stress triggers. Avoid whatever triggers you can. For example, spend less time with people who bother you or avoid driving in rushhour traffic.
- Make time to relax and to do activities you enjoy. Take 15 to 20 minutes a day to sit quietly and breathe deeply. Try to intentionally enjoy what you do rather than hurrying through your “relaxing activities” at a stressful pace.
- Practice gratitude. Expressing gratitude to others can help reduce stressful thoughts.
9. Monitor your blood pressure at home and see your doctor regularly
Home monitoring can help you keep tabs on your blood pressure, make certain your lifestyle changes are working, and alert you and your doctor to potential health complications. Blood pressure monitors are available widely and without a prescription. Talk to your doctor about home monitoring before you get started.
Regular visits with your doctor are also key to controlling your blood pressure. If your blood pressure is under control, you might need to visit your doctor only every six to 12 months, depending on other conditions you might have. If your blood pressure isnt wellcontrolled, your doctor will likely want to see you more frequently.
10. Get support
Supportive family and friends can help improve your health. They may encourage you to take care of yourself, drive you to the doctors office or embark on an exercise program with you to keep your blood pressure low.
If you find you need support beyond your family and friends, consider joining a support group. This may put you in touch with people who can give you an emotional or morale boost and who can offer practical tips to cope with your condition.
Original Source: mayoclinic
BOOK NOW! for March, April, May and June. You may also do advanced booking for July, August, September, and August.
Postal Address: Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park, PO Box 61 Karumba Queensland 4891
Tel: 07 4745 9277
Fax 07 4745 9480
#LesWilsonBarramundiCentre #LesWilson #BarramundiCentre #BarramundiFishing #Carpentaria #Barramundi #Barra #Fish #BarraFish #BestFishing #Accommodation #Hotel #Cabins #Villas #Powered #Unpowered #Campsites #Tour #karumba #Barra #Barramundi #Fishing #BarraFishing #Sports #FishingSports #Summertime #Summerholidays #SchoolHolidays #School #Children
Tags: Les Wilson Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson, Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson Barramundi, Fishing, Karumba, Karumba Point, Sunset Caravan Park, Karumba Birds Life, Karumba Wild Life, Karumba QLD, Fishing, Fishingsports, Accommodation, Hotel, Cabins, Villas, Powered Sites, Unpowered Sites, Campsites, Sports, Tropical North Karumba, North Karumba Qld, Travel, Tour