Tips for Caravaning
A /\\\<\2\\d\\b/2\\7:///1/\\><\satbavaru0026ureferrerzabeyjs list of Helpful hints on packing your van for travelling, what to take, a check list, etc.
- When buying a van first know the capacity of the towing vehicle. Check with local distributor.
- Ensure you have a suitable jack for lifting your caravan turn all gas off before jacking.
- Paint hammer handle and annex pegs white. They are easier to see in long grass or at night.
- Keep a spanner handy to disconnect the battery in case of a short circuit.
- Make sure everyone travelling with youknows how to unclip and operate the fire extinguisher.
- When leaving any camp site, check after moving that nothing has been left behind.
- Keep a bottle of antiseptic with yourlaundry detergent. Clean the inside of washing machine and tubs before and after use.
- It is wise to know the height of your caravan, as some bridges in the country are low.
- Metal against metal cause black friction marks. To avoid this pack saucepans, etc. separately in old pillow cases or plastic bags.
- Use plastic ice cream containers to pack loose items in. Containers can be used to bathe a would or if children are car sick.
- Whenever you stop along the road for a tea break, both drive and passenger should have a walk around your van and car.Mainly an inspection tour, but the exercisewill do you good.
- Try to limit the quantity of souvenirs you collect, as these will add to the weight of your caravan for the home trip.
- Take photo albums with you and insert placenames, dates and captions as you go.It is so easy to forget by the time you get home.
- If you have your choice of where to park overnight, try to keep fridge vents away from the hot sun.
- Keep a watch on the following traffic and be courteous to other road users. If you have a CB radio, tune to the truckies’channel and talk to them, and help them to pass. You will get a “thanks mate” and you feel good.
- If you are travelling with friends in another van, keep at least 200 metres apart so that
- faster traffic can pass safely.
- Keep all CB talk to a minimum.
- Keep a note of all interesting events, mentioned in the media, to assist in your future trips.
- Before you leave home on any trip, check water pump, fridge and lights.
- Brakes, bearing and tyres should be thoroughly checked at least once a year.
- When travelling in hot weather, prepare lunch at breakfast time, then you need only open the fridge once in the heat of the day.
- A 35mm film container is just the right size for $1, 20 and 10 cent coins. Keep these in the car for parking meters and phone calls.
- Be sure you fit rear vision mirrors which allow you to see down the side of your van.
- Your first aid kit should be well stocked for all seasons. In some areas it is a long
- distance between chemist shops.
- Do not mark your toilet bag etc. with your home address. Instead put your name, car and van registration.
- It is great for your hair to shampoo in the water from a running stream. Please take the water in a dish and throw all soapy water on the land. Fish, platypus and all their friends will thank you.
- Carry a tyre gauge and check pressure before a trip when tyres are cold.
- If a gas bottle catches fire, do not try to extinguish. Hose the bottle to keep it cool until it burns itself out.
- Always turn gas off at the bottle before entering a service station.
- When going on a day tour, by boat, rail etc. leave your car locked with your van and use tourist pick up bus or local transport for safety reasons.
- Sleeping bags are becoming popular. Their synthetic fibres allow easy washing and quick drying. Turn the sleeping bags inside out each morning to air.
- Don’t take much in the sewing basket. One reel of clear poly cotton will mend all coloured garments.
- If you are visiting a point of interest in your travels and the weather is not good, buy post cards of the area
BOOK NOW! for March, April, May and June. You may also do advanced booking for July, August, September, and August.
Postal Address: Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park, PO Box 61 Karumba Queensland 4891
Tel: 07 4745 9277
Fax 07 4745 9480
#LesWilsonBarramundiCentre #LesWilson #BarramundiCentre #BarramundiFishing #Carpentaria #Barramundi #Barra #Fish #BarraFish #BestFishing #Accommodation #Hotel #Cabins #Villas #Powered #Unpowered #Campsites #Tour #karumba #Barra #Barramundi #Fishing #BarraFishing #Sports #FishingSports #Summertime #Summerholidays #SchoolHolidays #School #Children
Tags: Les Wilson Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson, Barramundi Centre, Les Wilson Barramundi, Fishing, Karumba, Karumba Point, Sunset Caravan Park, Karumba Birds Life, Karumba Wild Life, Karumba QLD, Fishing, Fishingsports, Accommodation, Hotel, Cabins, Villas, Powered Sites, Unpowered Sites, Campsites, Sports, Tropical North Karumba, North Karumba Qld, Travel, Tour